Saturday, March 10, 2012

As a kid, I loved Spaghetti-Os. However, I am unlikely to serve them these days. I decided to create my own version. In place of the carrots and onions, you could put in anything. I just wanted to make sure it was orange in color as not to change the shade of my spaghetti-Os at the end. I was thinking winter squash would be really good in it, but I didn't have any on hand.

Homemade Spaghetti-Os

2 can tomato sauce

1 quart veggie broth

1-2 cans water

2 Tbsp minced garlic

1 tsp onion powder

2 med carrots

1 small onion

salt

1/2 box alphabet pasta

olive oil

raw mini-meatballs (I used beef, bread crumbs, shaker Parmesan cheese, eggs)

Finely mince carrots and onions in food processor. Add olive oil to large pot and saute the carrots/onion and garlic for a short time. Then add in the broth, sauce, water, onion powder and salt. Bring to simmer. Drop in about 30 mini meatballs, or more. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add in alphabet pasta. Bring to simmer again and cook for 10 minutes until pasta is done. Add water as needed if it gets too think.

Picture coming...

No comments: